Inbound Marketing: Closed-loop reporting
Wednesday, April 29, 2015
Inbound marketing is the foundation for a successful internet marketing campaign. Turning strangers into customers and promoters of your business is what it’s all about. For this to happen efficiently and effectively there has to be a reporting method so all departments within a business can be part if a coordinated effort.
Have you ever found yourself at odds with someone over a misunderstanding, or simply “out of the the loop” based on poor communication? I know I have. In fact, it may be safe assume that many of life’s problems come from poor communication. Based on the this idea, we have worked hard to optimize a business model that “closes the loop”. Now, you’re probably thinking, “this is obvious.” However, sometimes even the most obvious ideas are the most overlooked or simply ignored.
What is Closed-Loop Marketing?
Closed-loop marketing is a way in which sales teams report to marketing about what happened to leads that they received, which helps marketing understand their best and worst lead sources. This creates a situation where the visitor-to-lead and lead-to-customer process is more efficient and effective.
Your ROI will benefit
- As a business, ROI (return on investment) is foremost.
- Closed-loop marketing makes it possible to provide a SLA (service level agreement), which sets forth tangible goals for a marketing campaign. This boosts ROI.
- Shared analytics and data provide the framework for this SLA and continuously allow for optimization of a marketing campaign. The SLA goals are floating points that consistently evolve to provide a better ROI.
It’s Time to Implement Closed-Loop Tactics
- For example, at Texas SEO, we are continually analyzing data and finding better solutions for a provided SLA.
- We know that closing the loop is the key to a higher ROI. Consider closing the loop with your business.
- Partner with those that use smart, tangible tactics to provide service that promotes a better ROI.