How Does Inbound Marketing Work?
Wednesday, April 22, 2015
Inbound marketing can be tricky business. There are dozens of different channels and tactics to consider when pursuing an inbound campaign. These include but aren’t limited to content creation, SEO, social media, lead generation, lead management, analytics. Because of this it is common for those new to inbound to get a little overwhelmed.
We have put together a list to help inbound marketers understand what the inbound process looks like. We’ll take you through everything from getting found found online, to converting visitors into leads and customers, and then analyzing your results.
The Inbound Marketing Process
Develop a successful marketing strategy:
- What are some marketing challenges you have faced?
- Who is your ideal customer?
- How can you attract the ideal customer?
- Where do potential clients look for businesses like mine?
- How much money should I invest in marketing?
Build a super website:
- Needs to be user-friendly
- Looks professional
- SEO friendly
- Mobile optimized
- Easy to update
- Blog consistently on topics that interest your audience
- Be active in social media
- Identify keywords to target and optimize your website for
- Build quality links to your site
- Create a PPC ad campaign
Convert visitors into leads
- Build landing pages
- Use a lead management program
- Place CTAs (calls to action) throughout your site
Convert leads into sales
- Know which pages your leads went to on your site
- segment leads into groups based on the form they filled out on your site
- create lead nurturing programs
- email marketing
- Integrate a CRM (customer relationship management) software
Measure your progress
- Measure traffic to leads
- Measure leads to customers
- Measure cost per lead
- Measure cost per customer
Tagged Under: inbound marketing