Google Penguin 3.0 – What It Means For Your Business
Google Penguin 3.0 update got you under water? What Google’s latest refresh in their Algorithm means for you and your business, and how to get your head above water. There are a select few of you (such as our clients) that were positively affected by these Google Updates, for the potential clients reading – please keep reading.
Google Penguin 3.0 is a “refresh” update from Google that is expected to impact about 1% of total search queries. 1% is not that big of a deal right?
Note: The Google Penguin 3.0 update will be fully rolling out over the next few weeks.
Google Penguin 3.0 Summary:
- update began Friday 10/17/2014
- Roll out will complete within the next few weeks
- This is a worldwide update
- Google Engineer Pierre Far specifically called this a “refresh”
[blockquote author=”” align=””] Google Penguin 3.0 refresh should demote sites with sub-par link profiles and help sites that were previously hit that cleaned up their link profiles. [/blockquote]
Past Penguin Updates (courtesy of Search Engine Land):
- Penguin 1.0 on April 24, 2012 (impacting ~3.1% of queries)
- Penguin 1.1 on May 26, 2012 (impacting less than 0.1%)
- Penguin 1.2 on October 5, 2012 (impacting ~0.3% of queries)
- Penguin 2.0 on May 22, 2013 (impacting 2.3% of queries)
- Penguin 2.1 on Oct. 4, 2013 (impacting around 1% of queries)
- Penguin 3.0 on October 17, 2014 (impacting around 1% of queries)
So you’re hit, and you want to know how to get out of the rut. The answer is simple: Hire Us!